When we think of a locksmith, we automatically have an image in our mind of a technician replacing or fixing a house lock and while they do offer this service, there is so much more to a qualified locksmith.
Here are some of the services you would find at your emergency locksmith in Rockingham.
- Residential alarm systems – The locksmith can supply and install any brand of home alarm and what’s more, he charges less than a home security company and you get a very long warranty. The professional can tailor an alarm system to suit your needs, with zone features and an internal & external siren.
- Installing a home safe – Many homeowners like to have a small concealed safe on the property and the person to approach is your local locksmith, who has received the necessary training and is manufacturer approved to install safes in any setting. You could go to a safe manufacturer, but they charge a high premium, whereas the local locksmith is more affordable.
- Key copying – Whether home or car, a locksmith can replicate any key, including vehicle keys with chips. Many drivers prefer to have a spare ignition key, which they put in a magnetic box and stick it under the car; that way, you don’t have to call in a locksmith if you lock the keys in the car.
- Keyless digital access control – A locksmith can install a keyless access system that enables family members to key in a password on a keypad, which eliminates the need for bulky keys. The locksmith would be able to supply and install your favourite system and can install and test to ensure everything works as it should.
- CCTV systems – Yes, your local locksmith can supply & install a state-of-the-art video surveillance system, which can be tailored to the property. A typical package would consist of 4 hi-res cameras, 4-channel NVR and links to an exterior digital monitor and when the system is installed, the engineer would show you how to manage the system.
- Security doors/screens – Most locksmiths are able to supply and install top quality security doors and window screens, which is a great way to prevent unauthorised entry. Slimline stainless steel window screens do not impact the aesthetics of the property and are guaranteed to keep would-be burglars out of your home.
As you can see, a locksmith is very versatile and should you require any of the above services, your local locksmith would be cheaper than anyone else.