Most people do not get the opportunity to design their own living space and if you are planning a new build, this is an exciting time. The design stage should not be viewed as a process to the finished build, rather it should be seen as a way to mould the house to fit your lifestyle and by talking to an experienced custom builder, you can create the blueprints for your dream home.
Here are a few design tips.
- Open plan – If you look at any of the modern house plans (called แบบแปลนบ้านโมเดิร์น in Thai), you will see a range of sleek designs that make the best use of available space.
- Think Composites – There is a wide range of composite building materials with a high degree of thermal insulation and most are maintenance-free, which is important. If you use high-insulation materials, your energy bills will be low; ask the builder about composite materials when designing your dream home.
- Natural shade – This is especially important in Thailand, planting trees in all the right places will help and when thinking about the frontal elevation, take the sun position (and path) into account. Incorporate the terrace roof into the building and you will always have a nice shaded area to relax, indeed, if shade is taken into account at the design stage, you can create the perfect shaded living space.
- Choose the best custom builder – A Google search will bring up a list of local custom builders and they have in-house designers, plus a long list of design templates that can be customised. Look for an award-winning builder to ensure quality workmanship and ask to see a few of their previous projects before making any decision.
- Solar Energy – Any person who is planning to build a house should incorporate solar panels into the build and such is the technology today, you won’t need to connect to the national grid, indeed, many homeowners sell their excess electricity to the state. If you would like to learn more about solar energy systems, start with an online search and invite an established supplier to meet you at the site.
Approaching an established custom builder is the first step to your dream home and whether you already have the land, or you are looking at plots, the custom builder offers a one-stop service. View their stunning floor plans and when you find a template that is right for you, the designer can help you tweak the plan and they can propose an all-inclusive price for the project.